Hospice Palliative Care
Compassionate Palliative Care for your loved one can bring peace and tranquility to a difficult situation.
Sadly, there will come a time where we all must say goodbye to someone we love. If your family is dealing with the imminent loss of a loved one and you wish to have him/her remain in the comfort of home, Retire-At-Home in Greater Kingston help. Our health care team can provide customized, compassionate and professional home care to that can make this process as comfortable as possible for everyone involved.
What is Hospice Palliative Care?
Palliative Care or Hospice Care is warm and friendly care of a client and family when treatment is no longer possible. The support that is delivered to the client in the final stages of life focuses on comfort and quality of life rather than cure.
Our Hospice Palliative Care in Greater Kingston strives to help clients and families:
- Cope with the physical, emotional, and spiritual feelings and emotions that each person is experiencing.
- Prepare for the process of comfortably passing away.
- Cope with the emotional pain during this difficult time.
Our Hospice Palliative Care in Greater Kingston aims to:
- Manage all the issues related to the client’s pain and quality of life.
- Provide continuous care ensuring the client is always comfortable.
- Aide in creating some final moments that are positive or happy whenever this is possible.
- Hospice Palliative Care can be delivered to anyone at any age that is coping with a terminal illness.
Retire-At-Home’s Palliative Care or Hospice Care Services in Greater Kingston
During the time that a client is receiving Palliative Care, we understand what a difficult and stressful time this is for everyone involved. Our experienced, caring health care team will ensure that all aspects of the care are personalized to help everyone involved, especially the client. Our Case Management and Palliative Care Team in Kingston will connect with the appropriate palliative care outreach which include doctors and specialists, to ensure that all the care received is suited to the medical needs and personal wishes of your loved one.
Our approach to Palliative Care and Hospice Care includes:
- Daily monitoring of your loved one’s medical needs;
- Pain management;
- Regular bathing and personal care, including oral care and skin care;
- Consistent help in repositioning them in bed to maintain skin integrity;
- Assistance with meals and feeding;
- Open communication with other health care professionals or care providers;
- Open communication with your family members;
- Coordinating any required Medical Equipment and Supplies.
Contact Us to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Read our Online Reviews!